Thursday, July 09, 2009

Reached the first milestone -- Now it's safer than before

Yesterday, I had my 12 week's check. Actually it's 12 week 6 days at the time based on the measurement. From UltraSound screen, I saw the baby moving up and down inside womb. Her heart beats strongly and her hands and legs swing back and forth. How lovely it is! NP said that baby is doing fine and all my test results return normal. It means so much to me! It also means that I'll finish the first trimster very soon, and enter into the second trimster, which is much safer than before.

Before the appointment, I was worried a lot. I can still remember how shocking I was for the first miscarriage time. As the first time parent-to-be, I was eager to see how baby grows and lister to her heartbeat. The bad news came during the 12 week's check, while my obstetrics told me that she cannot detect baby's heartbeat. Since I didn't see any blood or bad symptoms, it was extremely difficult to believe it's truly happened. Based on that worst experience of 12 week check, I'm so scared before the appointment time. Though immediately after NP started the ultrasound device, and babymovement showed up in the screen, my heart settle down.

Last night, while I was reading "Pregnancy Week by Week" by Pam Cass , I can't stop smiling. It gives me brief ideas about how mother and baby will be every week. It is amazing to know that baby is already a quite completed human being at the moment, even if she is so tiny.

So many things to prepare, and so many books to read. I am happy, since I can worry less now. Finally I can turly sleep at night.


No comments: