Thursday, October 12, 2006

Friend indeed is friend in need?

I didn't feel very well last week. One of my best friend's life changed dramatically, but I didn't know it at all. We were very close in the past, kind of soul mate. I knew that something is going on, like she's not happy for a while, she wanna talk. I just ignored all signals I sensed without paying special attention. I promised to call her, but never did it.
Too busy, too tired after the work, job change and health issues are all lame excuses. I feel so shame of myself after I finally talked to her and found it out. Fortunately she already went through the down side, and started her new life. What if I could be a real friend, stay with her when she needs me years ago? I cannot forgive myself.
Life changes, everything is changing, how can we keep the friendship? Just pick the phone, talk to friends, send an email, chat online, whatever we can do before it's too late. A friend don't need any special events to stay in touch.

No comments: