Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treat? Happy Halloween!

Here comes Halloween! My favorite pumpkin pie!
I love Halloween for all kinds of reasons. I love pumpkin pie all the time, yummy! I love those costume and decorations, although some of them look so disgusting. However, I do not like Trick-or-Treating approach, especially I hate to show it to kids.
Think about it : "Ding-dong!" someone is knocking your door. You come over, and see a cute boy or girl outside, wearing some cute costumes. How lovely they are! Then they start to ask:" Give me the candy! Otherwise, I'm going to play some tricks to make you regret it!" What? How come those lovely kids grow up so quickly? They do not know what's good for them. They will only mimic and learn from the adults. How sad it is to hear those lovely kids speaking like the adults. Everything needs to be exchanged. No free lunch. No free candy, of course. You can negotiate only if you have enough bargain chips.
I don't mind that creates a lot of retail than holiday itself. However, I do mind that creates a lot of "grown-up" kids. Let's just enjoy the delicious pies, sweet candies, and sweet neighbors without any contingency!

No comments: